The Vendor Quality Engineering Specialist will ensure quality standards are developed and applied consistently and effectively in ongoing supplier quality management of all strategic suppliers as required. Further to that, this role will ensure that potential risks with similar parts and suppliers are identified and mitigated.
This role will ensure the high quality standard of material received from strategic suppliers is maintained; this will reduce inspection and rework at Teledyne DALSA.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop workmanship standards for Teledyne DALSA strategic material, train suppliers and provide any necessary clarification to suppliers in regards specifications and requirements.
- Analyze PCB and PCA designs and Perform Design for Manufacturability (DFM) with strategic suppliers. Perform DFM for any other strategic material such as e. g. custom mechanicals and cables.
- Provide leadership and actively manage strategic supplier non-conformances and corrective actions, ensuring root cause and appropriate corrective actions are defined, implemented and potential risks involving similar product and suppliers are identified and mitigated.
- Co-ordinate First Article Inspection (FAI) activities and provide referee inspection for FAI inspectors.
- Form strong relationships with vendor QA through regular communication and site visits.
- Analyze trend data on first pass yield based on internal inspection activities at supplier’s facility. Encourage yield improvements and organize technical support where required from Teledyne DALSA.
- Participate in supplier audits, during supplier re-evaluation and as follow-up on supplier quality issues, following ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and other requirements.
- Act as a backup for the Vendor Quality Engineers and the VQM manager as required ensuring that vendor quality presence and responsibilities are maintained uninterrupted.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of experience in a senior QA role, interfacing with vendors, preferably in a high tech manufacturing environment
- Recognized ISO 9001 training on the latest standard revision is required. Recognized ISO 13485 training on the latest standard is beneficial
- Extensive experience in developing, implementing and closing Corrective Actions
- Experience in performing comprehensive vendor audits
- Excellent communication skills
The ideal will also bring:
- IPC-600 and IPC-610 certifications. Application knowledge of IPC-4552 and IPC-4556
- Excellent knowledge of ISO 9001 standard
- Strong problem solver with extensive experience successfully applying 8D root cause, Kepner-Tregoe problem solving and decision making, applying statistical techniques
Please quote file number VQE0218 and include references with your resume
Apply for this posting
The Teledyne group of companies offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, excellent career opportunities and encourage global internal mobility. We pride ourselves in being an Equal Opportunity Employer.