Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi-media.
As a part of our growth in this high-technology market, Teledyne DALSA is recruiting for a Senior Buyer.
In this position, your main objective is to support the purchase of commodities in the Materials Management team. Your responsibilities will include obtaining quotes, placing purchase orders, providing forecasts, expediting deliveries, communicating vendor performance metrics as well as planning production builds.
Skills required and activities performed in this role include:
- Strong and consistent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, versatile, flexible, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Creative and innovative team player
- Strong computer skills are required including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Manage assigned parts and their respective suppliers, including all problem resolutions
- Coordinate engineering changes and build schedules with suppliers and production to meet customer expectations while minimizing surplus exposure
- Analyze MRP daily and weekly to produce supplier releases
- Launch, schedule, defer, expedite, and cancel purchase orders to maintain inventory levels while supporting production material requirements
- Validate and perform root cause analysis for missed deliveries
- Proactively identify parts shortages and implement appropriate actions internally and externally to mitigate the risk of potentially disrupting production
- Diploma or University degree in Materials Management, PMAC principles or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of experience, preferably in an electronics environment
- You must have a high degree of computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience dealing with international suppliers would be an asset
Please quote file number DDIB0618 and include references with your resume.
Apply for this posting
The Teledyne group of companies offer competitive salary, excellent benefits package, excellent career opportunities and encourage global internal mobility. We pride ourselves in being an Equal Opportunity Employer.