Imaging » Products » Vision Systems » Cameras » BOA INS » BVS-1024C-INS
BOA 1024C INS
Learn About Vision Systems
Support and Downloads
Can we help?
Can we help?
Got a question? Need a quote? Want a demo?
BOA INS is embedded with our iNspect Express software. This application provides a core set of tools and capabilities that can be applied to a vast number of vision tasks, including identification, measurement, verification, and flaw detection.
BOA INS is designed to offer a balance between ease-of-use and flexibility that allows new and experienced users alike to quickly set up, integrate, and deploy solutions on the factory floor.
The iNspect Express application is accessed on the device trough a standard web browser interface. The asociated client controls are downloaded automaticallly to the PC when the connection is established. Once configured, the application can be monitored at runtime using the Ethernet connection to a PC or operator HMI.
Embedded Application Software Simplifies Vision Deployment
BOA INS comes complete with application software to satisfy a wide variety of inspection tasks. General features of BOA INS software include:
- Web browser access
- No setup software to install
- Intuitive one-click guided navigation
- Full complement of vision capabilities
- Choice of factory communications
- Runtime editing
- Image and data logging
- Custom Scripting
- User administration
- Language support
- PC emulation
BOA application setup does not assume programming or machine vision knowledge.
User and Factory Friendly
- Guided "point, click and apply" interface is easy to self-master without days of training
- Simple web browser access supports automatic software installation
- Built-in user administration control prevents unauthorized access and supports logging of activities
- Pre-built runtime interfaces provide results, history, tolerance, editing, and solution changeovers
- Full-featured emulator supports offline debugging and solution development
- Flexible toolset appropriate for most applications. Tools included for measuring, matching (search), counting, sorting, feature finding, tracing, 1D/2D code identification, OCR (character reading), color verifying and more
- Selectable image preprocessors are built into each tool for feature enhancement
- Any number and combination of tools can be applied to a solution
- Flexible triggering and direct control over illuminatoin (light strobing)
- Scripting provides integration flexibility and custom control
- Direct support for factory protocols including Ethernet/IP, Modbus and ProfiNet
- Support for image and results logging to connected network drives
- Full featured API for custom operator interface design
- Part positioning, sorting, and counting
- Product identification and tracking
- Label presence and placement
- Date, lot, and product code validation
- Assembly verification
- Presence or absence of features
- High-precision dimensional measurement
- Color verification
- Surface scratch and crack detection
- Error proofing
- Robot guildance
- Bead uniformity and integrity verification
Small & Rugged, Designed for Extreme Industrial Environments
- Ultra small form factor (44 x 44 x 39 mm), ideal for space-limited applications
- Ruggedized for harsh factory floor environments; IP67 rated housing – suitable for washdown environments without protective enclosure
- Built-in support for protective screw on lens cover
- Mounting holes on all sides for maximum flexibility
- Low power consumption (3 watts) - Runs Cool
- Industrial M12 style connectors offer flexible low-cost cabling options
BOA provides standard industrial Ethernet protocols for integrating into the factory network, including support for popular PLCs such as Rockwell Automation and Siemens. BOA ensures that data is moved quickly and accurately with minimal integration effort.
In addition to Ethernet, BOA provides serial RS-232 and discrete I/O connections, as well as expandable I/O options. A dedicated strobe output is further provided for direct light control.
BOA is compatible with industry standard M12 cord sets to minimize hardware integration costs.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port provides setup and monitor access, runtime control, and standard communication protocols such as TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, Modbus/IP, and PROFINET IO
- Passive power over Ethernet
- Direct external light control
- Expansion I/O option
- Powered network switch option
BOA NEXUS Smart Bridge
A complementary device for BOA smart cameras, the BOA NEXUS Smart Bridge works with existing BOA camera systems to expand their information sharing and monitoring capabilities. The BOA NEXUS uses a standard monitor to conveniently display inspection images and application specific information from multiple BOA cameras, eliminating the need for an HMI. Featuring its own BOA NEXUS Navigator built-in software interface, support for iNspect Express and Sherlock software, and six Gigabit Ethernet ports, the BOA NEXUS is the perfect low-power companion to BOA smart camera systems.
Download BOA Nexus Datasheet
- Display interface eliminates need for expensive HMIs
- Convenient access for online setup and maintenance
- Supports isolated or bridged network configurations
- Simplifies camera network setup
- Manages access to cameras with dissimilar firmware versions
- Tracks user access and changes to camera solutions
- Supports results logging capability to CSV file
- Includes software emulator for offline solution editing
- DIN mountable hardware platform
- Provides storage for runtime image logging
|Resolution||1024 x 768
|Max. Frame Rate||22 fps
|Pixel Size||3.7 µm
|Output Format||Ethernet 100-BaseT, RS232 (supports PoE)
|Size||44mm x 44mm x 39mm
- Bayer pattern color sensor
- Light Control
- Processing engine — 3 performance options: 1X (BOA), 1.5X (BOA50), 4X (BOA200)
- Inputs and Outputs
- Factory communications
- Developer and Operator application interfaces
- Protective enclosure
Compatible Third-Party Products
Teledyne DALSA cameras and frame grabbers are compatible with a wide range of 3rd party vendors.
You may also be interested in:
From minor tweaks through major engineering, Teledyne DALSA offers customized solutions for your unique needs. For pricing or more information, contact us about your custom project.
Contact us to learn more about purchasing this product. Volume and OEM pricing available.