Robust, Flexible, Tiny Vision System
BOA Pro combines the robustness of our highly integrated BOA smart camera with the power and flexibility of our advanced Sherlock™ inspection software. The result is a compact industrial vision solution with diverse applicability across all manufacturing segments.
Easy to Set Up, Ready to Run
The BOA smart camera is offered with a range of sensor resolutions, performance grades and software to accommodate the needs of both application and user. The embedded software is setup via a local PC connection to BOA using Ethernet. Once configured for runtime, the Ethernet link can be disconnected or used to communicate with other devices on the factory floor, such as PLCs, Robots and HMIs. In addition to Ethernet, BOA cameras provide direct connections for RS-232 serial, discrete I/O and lamp control. BOA cameras are supported by various hardware and software accessories to simplify factory integration.
Sherlock: Power and Flexibility
Sherlock's extensive library of instructions, preprocessors and advanced algorithms can be combined in a variety of ways to solve simple or very demanding tasks. Maximum design flexibility is provided to allow users to customize algorithms, construct scripts and develop operator interfaces.
Extensive Library of Instructions, Preprocessors and Advanced Algorithms
Sherlock offers machine vision system professionals extensive tools and capabilities for design, development, debugging, and user admisistration.
The Sherlock setup interface to BOA Pro is installed on a PC. During development, images from the camera are fed directly to the Sherlock GUI and commands from the program are executed directly on the camera. This methodology optimizes the user design experience while providing an accurate representation of runtime performance. A secondary interface is available through a standard web browser for device setup, runtime monitoring and firmware updating.
- Embedded Sherlock Application Software
- Large selection of algorithms and Preprocessors
- Extensive list of drag-drop instructions
- Vision Tools
- ROI shape selection: Rectangle, Annulus, Polygon, Line, Point, Polyline, Arc, Rake, Polyrake, Spoke
- Basic Tools: Edge, Count, Caliper, Contrast, Intensity, statistics
- Reader Tools: 1D, 2D, OCR
- Complex Tools: Bead, Calibration, Crawler, Laser, Pattern Match
- Development Tools
- Single Step Debugging
- Customizable GUI
- User Administration
- BOA Pro supports password protection through both the Sherlock interface and the web browser.
- Full-featured Emulator
- BOA Pro provides a full-featured Sherlock emulator for off-line editing and evaluation.
- Advanced Digital I/O Monitor
Self-contained and Rugged
- Easily integrated smart camera with embedded software
- Sensor Resolution: VGA to 1600x1200
- Processor: ARM CPU + DSP
- Memory: 256MB Job / 256MB Program
- Ethernet, RS232, I/O
- Ultra small form factor 44 x 44 x 44 mm
- Industrial IP67 Housing for harsh and washdown environments
- 360° Mounting
- Standard M12 cabling
- Direct connection to standard vision lights
- 12-30V input voltage range
- 0-45°C operating temperature range
Sherlock on the BOA Pro provides a variety of communication interfaces and supports standard factory protocols such as Modbus and Ethernet/IP. Image logging is supported via a connected client or by FTP to a network connected drive.
In addition to Ethernet, BOA Pro provides serial RS-232 and discrete I/O connections, as well as expandable I/O options. A dedicated strobe output is further provided for direct light control.
For visualization, Sherlock supports BOAView, a dedicated application supported by WinCE based HMIs. Sherlock also provides an OCX control and API that allows users to develop a custom interface that best suits their factory environment.
BOA Pro is compatible with industry standard M12 cord sets to minimize hardware integration costs.
- Passive power over Ethernet
- Direct external light control
- Expansion I/O option
- Powered network switch option
BOA NEXUS Smart Bridge
A complementary device for BOA smart cameras, the BOA NEXUS Smart Bridge works with existing BOA camera systems to expand their information sharing and monitoring capabilities. The BOA NEXUS uses a standard monitor to conveniently display inspection images and application specific information from multiple BOA cameras, eliminating the need for an HMI. Featuring its own BOA NEXUS Navigator built-in software interface, support for iNspect Express and Sherlock software, and six Gigabit Ethernet ports, the BOA NEXUS is the perfect low-power companion to BOA smart camera systems.
Download BOA Nexus Datasheet
- Display interface eliminates need for expensive HMIs
- Convenient access for online setup and maintenance
- Supports isolated or bridged network configurations
- Simplifies camera network setup
- Manages access to cameras with dissimilar firmware versions
- Tracks user access and changes to camera solutions
- Supports results logging capability to CSV file
- Includes software emulator for offline solution editing
- DIN mountable hardware platform
- Provides storage for runtime image logging