Can we help?
Can we help?
Got a question? Need a quote? Want a demo?
Smart, Small, and Flexible
BOA is a highly integrated optical inspection tool for controlling quality and increasing productivity. It comprises all the elements of an industrial machine vision system in a tiny smart camera style package.
Easy to use and inexpensive, Teledyne DALSA's new BOA leverages the full breadth and depth of Teledyne DALSA's design, engineering, and manufacturing expertise including sensor, camera, image-processing and vision software development to deliver the next generation in smart camera technology. BOA offers scalable vision solutions to satisfy a wide range of application needs from positioning robotic handlers to complete assembly verifications. Designed and ruggedized for harsh environment factory floor deployment, BOA is a truly exceptional all-in-one intelligent vision system.
Sensor & Lens
- High Resolution 1280 x 960, up to 22 images per second, monochrome
- Image capture control through external or software trigger
- Standard C-mount lens supports variable focus
- Integrated lighting control, including strobe output to stop motion
Small & Rugged, Designed for Extreme Industrial Environments
- Ultra small form factor (44 x 44 x 39 mm), ideal for space-limited applications
- Ruggedized for harsh factory floor environments; IP67 rated housing – suitable for washdown environments without protective enclosure
- Built-in support for protective screw on lens cover
- Mounting holes on all sides for maximum flexibility
- Low power consumption (3 watts) - Runs Cool
- Industrial M12 style connectors offer flexible low-cost cabling options
Multiple Processing Engine
BOA is a highly integrated smart camera that combines DSP with other processing elements to offer superior performance at the lowest power possible.
- Real-time Embedded Processing
- On-board DSP
- Multiple processing engines have the benefit of partitioning tasks efficiently
- Algorithm optimization via DSP
- Application management via CPU
- Sensor management via FPGA
- 256 MB storage memory
Embedded Application Software Simplifies Vision Deployment
BOA comes complete with application software to satisfy a wide variety of inspection tasks. General features of BOA software include:
- Web browser access
- No setup software to install
- Intuitive one-click guided navigation
- Full complement of vision capabilities
- Choice of factory communications
- Runtime editing
- Image and data logging
- Custom Scripting
- User administration
- Language support
- PC emulation
BOA application setup does not assume programming or machine vision knowledge.
iNspect Express: Ready-to-Apply Tool Box of Vision Algorithms
- BOA is fully loaded with iNspect Express, a comprehensive set of click and apply tools to satisfy a wide range of optical automation tasks:
- Suite of applications tools:
- Positioning tools locate features for alignment, assembly verification or robotic guidance
- Identification tools read coded symbologies or text for a variety of applications, such as part tracking, product identification and package readability
- Measurement tools verify critical measures on a part, such as distance, angle, radii and circularity
- Verification tools check for presence or correctness of features, such as number of holes on a part or the integrity and uniformity of a glue bead
- Flaw detection tools detect scratches, cracks or other types of maufacturing defects
- The BOA tool box includes editing capabilities for parametric control and copy/paste/delete functions
Flexible Communications Options for Factory Integration
BOA allows a wide range of connections to networks, PCs, factory equipment, triggers, PLCs, and more.
- Built-in opto-isolated I/O allows direct wiring to associated control devices, such as part-in-place triggers and post inspection part steering
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port provides setup and monitor access, runtime control, and standard communication protocols such as TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP and Modbus/IP
- Passive Power over Ethernet supports single cable interface option - ideal for robotic applications
- RS-232 link offers additional serial communication and control option
- Integrated lamp connector provides power and strobe control to external LED light sources
- Exposed status LEDs indicate device health and application activity
- M12 connectors support standard low-cost factory cabling
BOA NEXUS Smart Bridge
A complementary device for BOA smart cameras, the BOA NEXUS Smart Bridge works with existing BOA camera systems to expand their information sharing and monitoring capabilities. The BOA NEXUS uses a standard monitor to conveniently display inspection images and application specific information from multiple BOA cameras, eliminating the need for an HMI. Featuring its own BOA NEXUS Navigator built-in software interface, support for iNspect Express and Sherlock software, and six Gigabit Ethernet ports, the BOA NEXUS is the perfect low-power companion to BOA smart camera systems.
Download BOA Nexus Datasheet
- Display interface eliminates need for expensive HMIs
- Convenient access for online setup and maintenance
- Supports isolated or bridged network configurations
- Simplifies camera network setup
- Manages access to cameras with dissimilar firmware versions
- Tracks user access and changes to camera solutions
- Supports results logging capability to CSV file
- Includes software emulator for offline solution editing
- DIN mountable hardware platform
- Provides storage for runtime image logging
|Resolution||1280 x 960
|Max. Frame Rate||22 fps
|Pixel Size||3.7 µm
|Output Format||Ethernet 100-BaseT, RS232 (supports PoE)
|Size||44mm x 44mm x 39mm
- Light Control
- Processing engine
- Inputs and Outputs
- Factory communications
- Developer and Operator application interfaces
- Protective enclosure
From minor tweaks through major engineering, Teledyne DALSA offers customized solutions for your unique needs. For pricing or more information, contact us about your custom project.
Contact us to learn more about purchasing this product. Volume and OEM pricing available.