Smart Vision for Automation
BOA is a highly integrated optical inspection tool for controlling quality and increasing productivity. It comprises all the elements of an industrial machine vision system in a tiny smart camera style package.
Easy to use and inexpensive, Teledyne DALSA's BOA leverages the full breadth and depth of Teledyne DALSA's design, engineering, and manufacturing expertise including sensor, camera, image-processing and vision software development to deliver the next generation in smart camera technology. BOA offers scalable vision solutions to satisfy a wide range of application needs from positioning robotic handlers to complete assembly verifications. Designed and ruggedized for harsh environment factory floor deployment, BOA is a truly exceptional all-in-one intelligent vision system.
BOA vision systems are available in a range of resolution for monochrome and color applications with three performance options: 1X (BOA), 1.5X (BOA50), 4X (BOA200). The cameras also offer the choice of three different embedded software applications: iNspect Express (INS), a subset of iNspect Express focused on identifcation (IDR), or our most advanced application Sherlock (PRO).
Small & Rugged, Designed for Extreme Industrial Environments
- Ultra small form factor (44 x 44 x 39 mm), ideal for space-limited applications
- Ruggedized for harsh factory floor environments; IP67 rated housing – suitable for washdown environments without protective enclosure
- Built-in support for protective screw on lens cover
- Mounting holes on all sides for maximum flexibility
- Low power consumption (3 watts) - Runs Cool
- Industrial M12 style connectors offer flexible low-cost cabling options
Choice of Application Software Embedded
BOA vision systems are available with 3 different software applications:
- BOA INS: The standard product is offered with our iNspect Express sofware. Ideal for both new and experienced users, iNspect Express can be set up quickly to satisfy a multitude of common inspection tasks.
- BOA IDR: The IDR version is offered with a subset of iNspect Express tools that apply only to Identification, Tracking, and associated Verification applications. BOA IDR is a good choice for manufacturers who need to identify product markings for correctness or traceability.
- BOA PRO: The PRO version is offered with our renowned Sherlock application software. Ideal for vision integrators, Sherlock provides the flexibility and tools to tackle a diverse range of challenging applications across all industrial segments.
BOA provides standard industrial Ethernet protocols for integrating into the factory network, including support for popular PLCs such as Rockwell Automation and Siemens. BOA ensures that data is moved quickly and accurately with minimal integration effort.
In addition to Ethernet, BOA provides serial RS-232 and discrete I/O connections, as well as expandable I/O options. A dedicated strobe output is further provided for direct light control.
BOA is compatible with industry standard M12 cord sets to minimize hardware integration costs.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port provides setup and monitor access, runtime control, and standard communication protocols such as TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP, Modbus/IP, and PROFINET IO
- Passive power over Ethernet
- Direct external light control
- Expansion I/O option
- Powered network switch option
BOA NEXUS Smart Bridge
A complementary device for BOA smart cameras, the BOA NEXUS Smart Bridge works with existing BOA camera systems to expand their information sharing and monitoring capabilities. The BOA NEXUS uses a standard monitor to conveniently display inspection images and application specific information from multiple BOA cameras, eliminating the need for an HMI. Featuring its own BOA NEXUS Navigator built-in software interface, support for iNspect Express and Sherlock software, and six Gigabit Ethernet ports, the BOA NEXUS is the perfect low-power companion to BOA smart camera systems.
Download BOA Nexus Datasheet
- Display interface eliminates need for expensive HMIs
- Convenient access for online setup and maintenance
- Supports isolated or bridged network configurations
- Simplifies camera network setup
- Manages access to cameras with dissimilar firmware versions
- Tracks user access and changes to camera solutions
- Supports results logging capability to CSV file
- Includes software emulator for offline solution editing
- DIN mountable hardware platform
- Provides storage for runtime image logging