Parts Positioning and Robotic Guidance
For inspection on high-speed production lines, offline verification audits or robot-guided pick and place, positioning tools are critical to successful machine vision. Positioning tools, locators or pattern finders recognize and determine exact position and orientation of parts. Results can be transferred directly to material handling devices or used to position other tools required for the inspection. We refer to this correcting for part movement as landmarking.
PCB component pick and place
Automotive part alignment
Part finding and positioning
Precision Alignment Capabilities
Teledyne DALSA's products provide a variety of positioning tools that range from simple edge finders to sophisticated pattern finding algorithms. Selecting the appropriate positioning tool (or tools) for a specific application is typically based on the following criteria:
- Part Features: high contrast unique features or complex similar patterns
- Part Movement: XY only or with rotation
- Part Appearance: pattern variation due to process or environment changes
- Part Orientation: small rotation or 360° rotation
Model training interface
Teledyne DALSA Machine Vision Capabilities and Tools
- High speed, low light, high resolution image capture
- High speed Framegrabbers for data acquisition, such as the Xcelera series
- Sapera, Sherlock, and iNspect software for powerful image processing including:
- Pattern matching tools for locating and identifying parts or features for alignment
- Edge tools for detecting the presence, absence, or position of features
- Measurement tools for checking dimensional accuracy
- Barcode (1D and 2D) readers for product identification and tracking
- Print recognition (OCR) tools for product identification, tracking, and readability
- Count tools for verifying the number of parts or features
- Surface flaw tools for detecting scratches, cracks, and discoloration
- Color tools for verifying the amount and location of colored elements.
Teledyne DALSA-authorized distributors can show you how to start saving time and money with our industrial vision solutions.
Contact us today!
Can we help?
What kind of solution do you need?
Compact vision system for end users on the factory floor:
Individual Components to design into your own vision system: