Machine Vision for Factory Automation
Teledyne's world-leading vision components help manufacturers around the world apply vision technology to improve quality control, increase throughput, and automate tasks. Our products serve demanding applications in a wide variety of manufacturing systems--guiding robots, tracking parts and verifying every step of thousands of diverse assembly/production processes.
Monitoring production of aluminum extrusions Verifying part features, such as gear teeth Reading markings on parts or assemblies X-ray weld inspection
What vision tasks do you need to perform?
Watch a webinar on Machine Vision for Factory Automation
Could your manufacturing process benefit from vision tasks like these?
- Guide a robot for assembly or welding
- Verify the correct orientation of a part or assembly
- Count the number of welds, teeth, slots, or other such features
- Read a barcode, 2D matrix code, or stamped characters
- Perform a critical dimensional measurement
- Check for surface defects before painting
- Determine the location, diameter, and roundness of a hole
- Verify the integrity and uniformity of an adhesive bead or gasket
- Communicate with 3rd party equipment such as robots, PLCs, HMIs, and remote storage
Guide robots to pick and install parts on assemblies Automated lumber cutting for pallet manufacturing Automated precision drilling in fiberglass Verify the integrity of plastic caps
Teledyne DALSA Machine Vision Capabilities and Tools
- High speed, low light, high resolution image capture
- High speed Framegrabbers for data acquisition, such as the Xcelera series
- Sapera, Sherlock, and iNspect software for powerful image processing including:
- Pattern matching tools for locating and identifying parts or features for alignment
- Edge tools for detecting the presence, absence, or position of features
- Measurement tools for checking dimensional accuracy
- Barcode (1D and 2D) readers for product identification and tracking
- Print recognition (OCR) tools for product identification, tracking, and readability
- Count tools for verifying the number of parts or features
- Surface flaw tools for detecting scratches, cracks, and discoloration
- Color tools for verifying the amount and location of colored elements.
Teledyne DALSA-authorized distributors can show you how to start saving time and money with our industrial vision solutions.
Contact us today!
Can we help?
What kind of solution do you need?
Compact vision system for end users on the factory floor:
Individual Components to design into your own vision system: