Inspection and Verification of Electronic Assemblies
To keep pace with shrinking geometries, machine vision inspection systems can deliver the image resolution and processing performance required for high-speed component and assembly verification in the Electronics industry. These demanding applications involve machine inspection at multiple stages in the manufacturing process, from part selection and assembly to final verification and tracking. Every part, every connection, every assembly, and every package needs to be verified to ensure the highest quality product.
Verify cable assembly
Verify the configuration of a switch assembly
Verify printed directions on consumer connectors
Verify the presence, location, and orientation of components
Read more on electronics inspection:
What vision tasks do you need to perform?
Do you need to verify and validate details like these?
- Size, shape, and position of stamped connector pins and other stamped components
- Connectors, cables, and other assemblies
- Placement and orientation of ICs, keys, and other components used in electronic assemblies
- Product identification marks such as matrix tracking codes, pin 1 indicators, model, manufacturing date, and lot codes
- Surfaces for cracks, scratches, dents, and discoloration
- Part identification and orientation for robotic pick and place
- LCD assembly and operation
- Connections obscured beneath chips, such as opens, shorts, solder issues, missing parts, and misalignments beneath large BGAs
Verify the number of pins and identification markings on an IC
Determine the orientation of a circuit board for pick and place
Verify the keys are in the correct position
Verify stamped connector terminals on a reel
Teledyne DALSA Machine Vision Capabilities and Tools
- High speed, low light, high resolution image capture
- High speed Framegrabbers for data acquisition, such as the Xcelera series
- Sapera, Sherlock, and iNspect software for powerful image processing including:
- Pattern matching tools for locating and identifying parts or features for alignment
- Edge tools for detecting the presence, absence, or position of features
- Measurement tools for checking dimensional accuracy
- Barcode (1D and 2D) readers for product identification and tracking
- Print recognition (OCR) tools for product identification, tracking, and readability
- Count tools for verifying the number of parts or features
- Surface flaw tools for detecting scratches, cracks, and discoloration
- Color tools for verifying the amount and location of colored elements.
Teledyne DALSA-authorized distributors can show you how to start saving time and money with our industrial vision solutions.
Contact us today!
Can we help?
What kind of solution do you need?
Compact vision system for end users on the factory floor:
Individual Components to design into your own vision system: