DALSA at Stuttgart VISION 2010: “Get More Vision”
DALSA expands its capability in digital color image capture, launches new family of GigE Vision-compliant Genie cameras, and reveals its latest offering for high-speed, high performance TDI line scan technology
WATERLOO, ONTARIO –November 3, 2010 - DALSA Corporation [TSX: DSA], a leader in machine vision technology,will showcase its expanded capability in color image capture and processing at VISION 2010, the 23rd international trade fair for machine vision and identification technologies in Stuttgart, Germany, November 9-11 2010. At the VISION 2010 show, DALSA will introduce the Genie™ HC camera Series, the newest member of its Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) Vision®-compliant cameras, and will also demonstrate its versatile, high-performance, ultra high-speed line scan camera technology featured in the Piranha™ HS 12k camera.
Who: DALSA Corporation will demonstrate its cameras, frame grabbers, vision appliances, vision processors, image sensors, and software at VISION 2010.
What: Visit DALSA’s booth (Hall 4, Booth D51) at VISION 2010 where DALSA will present the following:
Monochrome and Color Cameras
- Genie HC Series cameras built for high speed color acquisition with uncompromised image quality. The new Genie HC series includes three high-speed, color camera models:
Genie HC640 camera captures image data at speeds of up to 300fps in full resolution (640 x 480)
Genie HC1024 camera captures image data at speeds of up to 117 fps in full resolution (1024 x 768)
Genie HC1400 camera captures image data at speeds of up to 75 fps in full resolution (1400 x 1024)
- Spyder™3 Color cameras provide high color fidelity, ease of use, and are a low-cost solution for the fast growing color imaging market. They are available in 2k, 18 kHz and 4k, 9 kHz GigE models.
- BOA™ Smart Cameras are all-in-one machine vision solutions that are smarter, easier to use, and more flexible than previous generations of smart cameras. The BOA VGA (640 x 480) is available in both monochrome and color models, up to 60 images per second, as well as the higher resolution BOA M1280 (1280 x 960), up to 24 images per second.
- GEVA™ is a new GigE-ready Vision Appliance. GEVA offers a cost-effective and expandable performance platform for industrial inspection tasks and is compatible with DALSA’s full range of Genie and Spyder3 cameras.
- Piranha HS 12k camera and Xcelera™ HS PX8 frame grabber deliver unprecedented levels of imaging performance. The Piranha HS features 12k resolution with a 5.2 um pixel size. The camera achieves breakthrough speeds of 90 kHz line rate and 1.2 gigapixels/second using DALSA’s innovative HSLink interface (See AIA Camera Link HS). The Xcelera™ HS PX8 frame grabber delivers bandwidth beyond 1 Gigabyte/second over multiple lane PCI Express implementations.
Sapera Vision Software functionality - New Version (7.10)
- DALSA introduces two new additions to the Sapera Vision Software family for accelerated processing and application prototyping – Sapera Nitrous for seamless support for graphical processing units (GPU) and multi-core CPUs optimization (MCO), and Sapera Architect Plus to allow machine vision OEMs to prototype, model and streamline their algorithms without having to develop code.
Eric Carey, DALSA’s director of Research & Development, and chairman of the AIA GigE Vision standards committee will highlight and discuss the impact of new GigE Vision interface developments and examine how DALSA is taking advantage of this versatile and robust interface to develop its next generation of GigE Vision cameras.
Messe Stuttgart, Hall 6 / Stand 6A81
Tuesday Nov 9, 2010 2:00pm to 2:30pm
Where: VISION 2010
New Trade Fair Centre Stuttgart
Hall 4, Booth D 51
When: November 9-11, 2010
Media Note: For interview requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Hall 4, Booth D51. DALSA management will be available for media interviews during the week of the show. For high resolution images of DALSA’s products, please visit our online media kit.
About DALSA’s Machine Vision Products and Services
For more than 30 years DALSA has led the design, manufacture and deployment of digital imaging components for the machine vision OEM market, and now also offers end-user machine vision solutions for factory floor deployment. DALSA image sensors, cameras, smart cameras, frame grabbers, software, and Vision Appliances are used in thousands of automated optical inspection (AOI) systems around the world and across multiple industries including semiconductor, solar cell, flat panel display, electronics, automotive, medical, packaging and general manufacturing.
About DALSA Corporation
DALSA (TSX: DSA) is an international leader in high performance digital imaging and semiconductors with approximately 1000 employees worldwide, headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Established in 1980, the company designs, develops, manufactures and markets digital imaging products and solutions, in addition to providing semiconductor products and services.
Red Javelin Communications, Inc.