DALSA Delivers Color Imaging at High Frame Rates with new Falcon Cameras
– The Vision Show 2010 – Booth # 313
– May 24, 2010 - DALSA Corporation [TSX: DSA], a global leader in machine vision technology, today launched four new models in the Falcon high performance area scan camera family. Three of the color models are part of DALSA’s Falcon High Gain (HG) series, and one is part of its extended dynamic range (XDR) series. With the high resolution and speed of these new Falcon cameras, machine vision systems can be created to inspect more products, in more detail, in a shorter amount of time. The new Falcon cameras will be introduced at Automated Imaging Association’s The Vision Show on May 25 – 27, 2010.
With these new models, the Falcon series of machine vision cameras enables color inspection along with fast frame rates, excellent image quality, and Global shutter CMOS technology. There are three resolutions in the High Gain (HG) series, the Falcon 1.4M100 HG at 1.4 megapixels, the 1M120 HG at 1 megapixel, and the VGA300 HG at VGA resolution. In addition, DALSA offers a Falcon 1.4M100 XDR, (extended dynamic range) version for applications where image quality is absolutely critical. y,
Mark Butler, Product Manager at DALSA says, “Color is important in machine vision inspection because it more closely matches human vision, facilitating easier identification of defects, or identification of objects based on color. These new Falcon cameras are ideal for any machine vision application that demands color images at high speed, including electronics, semiconductor and print inspection, as well as industrial metrology.”
Key features include:
- Color imaging at high frame rates: 1.4M @ 100 frames per second (fps), 1M @ 120fps and VGA @ 300fps
- High speed, individual color gain and offset control for white balancing
- Global shutter imaging to crisply capture moving objects
- Flat-field correction for optimal image quality
- Low power allows for Power over Camera Link (PoCL) which eliminates an extra power supply and cable from the system
- Enhanced transmission distance exceeding 10m distances with Camera Link.
Evaluation units of these cameras are available now, with volume quantities available by early Q3. For high resolution images of the new Falcon cameras, please visit our online media kit.
About DALSA Machine Vision Products and Services
For more than 25 years DALSA has led the design, manufacture and deployment of digital imaging components for the machine vision OEM market, and now also offers end-user machine vision solutions for factory floor deployment. DALSA image sensors, cameras, smart cameras, frame grabbers, software, and Vision Appliances are used in thousands of automated optical inspection (AOI) systems around the world and across multiple industries including semiconductor, solar cell, flat panel display, electronics, automotive, medical, packaging and general manufacturing.
About DALSA Corporation
DALSA (TSX: DSA) is an international leader in high performance digital imaging and semiconductors with approximately 1000 employees worldwide, headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Established in 1980, the company designs, develops, manufactures and markets digital imaging products and solutions, in addition to providing semiconductor products and services.
Red Javelin Communications, Inc.