Company » Company Profile » Diversity
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Teledyne DALSA is committed to programs increasing the inclusion of underrepresented and minority groups, including the enablement of persons with disabilities, and the advancement of women in professional fields, particularly in science, technology, and engineering.
To these ends Teledyne DALSA sponsors and participates in a variety of programs including:
Canada’s Minister of Labour and Minister for Status of Women Dr. Kellie Leitch announced the Communitech Women in Technology project on September 3, 2013
Photo Credit: Kayleigh Platz
- Women in Technology program: Teledyne DALSA is one of four partner organizations supporting Communitech's Women in Technology program. Launched in 2013 with funding from the federal government, this program will focus on strengthening female talent and retention in the tech sector.
- University of Waterloo Engineering Science Quest: We sponsor this innovative, exciting program that provides science day camps for children, including those with disabilities.
- Shad Valley: We sponsor this 4 week summer enrichment program that allows more than 500 gifted high school students to spend a month living in residence at major universities across Canada learning about science, technology, and entrepreneurship. We also sponsor two students with workplace internships.
- Women of Waterloo: We provide sponsorship of this event for the Health, Science and Technology award category.
- Canadian Women in Technology: We provide local level sponsorship including guest speaking.
- Business & Education Partnership of Waterloo Region. We are a Title Sponsor of this organization whose mandate to is raise awareness and educate at the high school level that science, technology, engineering and math oriented careers are a great career. Women are underrepresented in the science, technology and engineering fields, and through this program we support initiatives that help educate and inspire our female youth that careers in science, technology and engineering have endless possibilities in fields such as environment, health care, entertainment, commerce, and more. We want them to know these careers are interesting, fun, cool, and creative...and that they pay well and are in high demand.
- Women’s Leadership Xchange Luncheon: This quarterly series of lunch events presents a variety of great guest speakers, and we are happy to support it by funding for our employees to attend.
- Leadership Waterloo Region Program: We have sponsored three employees over the last three years with funding for each of their tuitions for this year long program. Last year, Teledyne DALSA was also a Tuition Fund Sponsor for an individual in the community whose organization could not provide the full financial support.
- Immigration Partnership Waterloo: This organization provides a community-wide commitment to support and integrate immigrants in Waterloo Region. We applaud their great work and support them with input on programs and policy development, as well as support on specific projects.
- We celebrate International Women’s Day annually with events that have included guest speakers, historical views of the accomplishments of women across the world, and awareness activities intended to be both enlightening and fun.
- We support Movember by providing an opportunity for our employees to sport their best moustache to help raise money for men's health programs.
- We have a culturally diverse workforce and run events such as a Multi-cultural Food Festival that helps support our employees in learning and embracing each other’s cultural background.