Design Specialist C – Electronics
| Location: Waterloo, ON, Canada
Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA Corporation specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media. As part of our continuing growth in this high technology market, Teledyne DALSA is recruiting for the following opening:
Design Specialist C – Electronics
Temporary – 8 months
Teledyne DALSA’s camera electronics development group develops world leading high speed camera products for high performance applications in machine vision and robotics. The group currently has an opening for a Senior Electronics Designer who will participate in product development on assigned projects from concept through to product realization. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience with high speed analog and/or digital design, verification, and test
- Experience with high speed VHDL code design, simulation, and bench testing, preferably with FPGAs/CPLDs from Xilinx and Altera
- Experience with high speed analog schematic design, simulation and bench testing
- Hardware analysis and debugging skills using standard test instruments
- Experience with design for manufacturability and reliability
- Must be a strong team player as well as have the ability to work independently
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience with interface standards such as LVDS, Camera Link, Ethernet, and USB
- Experience with embedded firmware (VHDL, C++)
- Experience and ability to lead junior designers
Occasional travel may be expected to support new customers and product introduction.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with at least 5 years of design/development experience. In addition, proven experience working within a large multidisciplinary team and excellent communication skills are required. Strong candidates missing a few of the ideal requirements will be considered.
Please quote file number DSC0314 and include references and salary expectations with your resume.
DALSA offers competitive salary. DALSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants should apply to this position through our website. No phone calls or agencies please. Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. We thank everyone who applies.
Apply for this job.
Teledyne DALSA offers competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. This includes group retirement savings plan with company contributions, employee profit sharing, extended health and dental benefits and a smoke free environment. Relocation assistance is also provided. Teledyne DALSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If none of our current positions fit you, you can still complete an application for a general area of interest.
Applications may also be submitted by surface mail:
Teledyne DALSA Inc.
605 McMurray Rd.
Canada, N2V 2E9
No phone calls or agencies please. Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. We thank everyone who applies.